Monday, September 20, 2010

I had a most lovely week end. I went to Indianapolis to do 2 photo shoots and both were great. I have been taking online photog classes and learning how to shoot in manual. So when I did my shoots this week end I had decided that shooting in manual would take to much time (especially with little ones). And - did you know??? I could not shoot in Auto. It was weird - I just could not do it. So - both sessions were in manual. That's a huge and big step for me. I could not achieve the looks I was trying to get in AUTO. Now - I am still new to the manual thing and ti took me a bit longer in the sessions but - I did it. And I am proud of myself.

I am posting a few photos from session #1.

Renee3

Renee2

Renee15

Renee 18


Oh wait - This was not in the shoot. But I did take it this week end. :) My middle Child Dean and his niece Hannah.
Dean & Hannah

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't see where to comment on your 'smirk' - but I love it! :) Glasses are cool.

Ashley Sisk said...

So I love the smirk and I love your photo session. I remember thinking that I could go back to AV mode after shooting manual and I couldn't do it either. Once you have full control over your camera, you won't go back. You're doing great though! Have a great week.

Natalie said...

Love the bounce entry! You certainly did stop the movement with your camera! Your photography is GREAT! Keep up the wonderful work!

Marla said...

I love your smirk entry. That girls got some serious attitude. :)

Marla @ www.asthefarmturns.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE the smirk. You really are lucky to have such a great model to work with. Congrats on shooing 2 sessions in M mode. WTG Ü

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were doing manual during ours! I think you did great. Davey was being a real trooper, too lol I really like the picture of Hannah and Dean.

Anonymous said...

Awww, I love that first pic the best!