Wednesday, July 6, 2011

50 years

Last Friday, July 1, 2011 my parents celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary. 50 YEARS!

On Friday Mom & Dad took their wedding party to dinner at the Applewood. She requested that I pop in and get some photos by the river. That is just what I did.

Here is Mom & Dad original wedding photo and a photo taken 50 years later.
Mom & Dad 50th Wedding Anniversary

ShariSShotSHappy 50thMom&Dad3

Left to Right: Mom's Maid of Honor-Betty Lou Mericle, Mom, Dad & Dad's Best Man- Carl Weighaus
ShariSShotSHappy 50thMom&Dad5

Happy 50th Mom & Dad 7-1-2011

ShariSShotSHappy 50thMom&Dad12

ShariSShotSHappy 50thMom&Dad8

Left to Right: Clifford Mericle (Uncle Butch), Janet Daughtery (Aunt Janet), Betty Lou Mericle (Aunt Sis), Wayne Daughtery (Uncle Wayne, Mom, Hannah Fox, Dad, Carl Weighaus and Sue Carol Weighhaus.
ShariSShotSHappy 50thMom&Dad11

On Saturday, June 2nd my parents wanted to go to on of the gaming boats for a buffet dinner. We chose to dine at Grand Victoria in Rising Sun, Indiana, just a short 10 minute drive for everyone (except my sis and her family that lives in Indianapolis).


Awww - the bride and groom of 50 years!
ShariSShotSHappy 50thMom&Dad28

ShariSShotSHappy 50thMom&Dad45

Cutting their 50th Wedding cake!
ShariSShotSHappy 50thMom&Dad35

ShariSShotSHappy 50thMom&Dad36

ShariSShotSHappy 50thMom&Dad41

ShariSShotSHappy 50thMom&Dad46

Yes, I made my parents take off their wedding rings so I could photograph them. :P This was the 1st time my dad has had his ring off in 50 years. I should have taken a photo of the indent in left middle finger from the ring.
ShariSShotSHappy 50thMom&Dad53

ShariSShotSHappy 50thMom&Dad58

Scooter (scott - My brother) & Linda
ShariSShotsHappy 50thMom&Dad61

George & Michelle (my sister)
ShariSShotsHappy 50thMom&Dad78

Mike and me!
ShariSShotsHappy 50thMom&Dad73


Uncle Denny & Aunt Regina
ShariSShotsHappy 50thMom&Dad72

My middle son, Dean - With Dad photobombing beside him.
ShariSShotsHappy 50thMom&Dad75-2

Kassee, my daughter and Bobby
ShariSShotsHappy 50thMom&Dad75

Erin, my step daughter and Hannah (my grand daughter)
ShariSShotsHappy 50thMom&Dad78-2

Most of the family!
ShariSShotsHappy 50thMom&Dad80

Mom & Dad with Dean doing a photobomb. LOL My silly family!
ShariSShotsHappy 50thMom&Dad68

Mom told me that the celebration was exactly what she wanted for their 50th. :)

5 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

What a beautiful celebration. Your parents are stlill so in love. You can see it in every picture. Congrats to them. Love that your dad hasn't taken his ring off in 50 years. A record for sure. I take mine off every night. Great pictures.

Ashley Sisk said...

That's awesome - congrats to them!

4 Lettre Words said...

My parents celebrated 50 in October. Isn't it amazing!?

Such beautiful shots, Shari. Your parents seem like a ton of fun!

cakeologist said...

It looks like you had so much fun! Congrats to your parents.

Tess @ Pro-tography 101 said...

That looks like it was a fun celebration!